Monday, January 14, 2013

#18 White Chilly

Yes, I spell it with a Y because it's that good on a cold day! I found this recipe in a magazine years ago and doctored it up with a bit of my own this and that until it was exactly what I was looking for. Hope you enjoy it. It's simple, low in calories and pretty darn healthy!


INGREDIENTS:

2 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 pounds Chicken Breast, cubed
2 cups Chicken Broth
1 4 oz can Green Chilies
2 Green Onion, sliced
Monterey Jack Cheese or Mozzarella
2 cans white beans of your choice, Undrained. I use Navy beans, and if you like it a little chunkier like I do, add a 3rd can

For the Seasoning:

1 tsp Garlic Powder
⅛ tsp Ground Red Pepper
1 tsp Ground Cumin
½ tsp Oregano Leaves
½ tsp Cilantro

Directions: 
Mix together the seasoning ingredients.
Heat oil in large pan over med/high heat.
add chicken and onions.
cook 4-5 minutes.
Stir in broth, chilies, and seasoning


simmer 15 min
stir in beans.
Simmer 5 minutes.
Top with onions
Garnish with cheese and serve with rolls or over your favorite rice.






That's it! Have a great meal and express your saucy side!

Heather
















No comments:

Post a Comment